Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Baby's Birthday part III...

yes yes.. its another post on my baby's 25th birthday.. I know he's getting old.. hence, I need to keep on posting and posting about his birthday.. muahaha.. I am such an evil gf.. anyhow, this post will be his third time celebrating his birthday this year.. damn lucky right? damn lucky also to have a gf like me.. =) so today's celebration was held at his place.. with his family and relatives.. not to forget delicious home cooked food and also home made Taiping style pohpiah.. (please continue reading for the home made pohpiah tutorials)


I love this picture!

smiling widely for the camera..

blowing off the candles..


so as I have said.. here are some of the steps to make a home made yummy-licious pohpiah.. to start it off.. the most important ingredients of all (besides the skin) is the mengkuang.. I can't recall what it is called in English.. so I'll just call it mengkuang for now.. it has to be well cooked till it's soft but not over done.. and it definitely has to be sweet and juicy.. =)


'mengkuang'..

Step 1:
Spread the skin evenly onto a flat surface..

Step 2:
Spread sweet sauce and chili sauce evenly onto the top half..

Step 3:
Lay down 2-3 pieces of cabbage leaves onto the bottom part..

Step 4:
Spread some bean sprouts on top of the cabbage..

Step 5:
Spread some cooked eggs on top of the bean sprouts..

Step 6:
Add in some 'mengkuang' on top of the eggs..

Step 7:
Lastly, add in some fried onions and roll it up..


Ta-Daaaa!!!
Cut it into 4 pieces and it is ready to be served..




alright.. that's all for baby's birthday.. I hope I won't be posting anything more about that.. cos the next post.. I definitely need to talk about Malaysian Dream Girls.. and before I forget.. Happy 14th Month Anniversary to my Baby.. he totally forgotten about it.. but since it's his birthday.. so I'll just forgive him.. hmmphh! no more excuses for the next time..




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cherie!

The popiahs sure looked extremely delicious! Thanks for sharing! I wud love 2 try da recipe out myself one fine day :)

Can i knoe how's the mengkuang cooked, by da way? Wud I need 2 add any seasoning 2 it in order for it 2 be sweet & juicy?

Also wut kind of 'sweet sauce' you've used? Izzit those in da bottle type, of which is available in supermkts?

P.S. Thanx a truck-load! I've alwiz enjoyed reading you just so u know :)

c H ε R i ə B з R я Y said...

hey there anonymous.. =) thanks for reading all of my post.. but so for you to know, I've only took down pictures of the steps to make it.. and not the recipe.. *blush* so sorry mate.. I will try to get the recipe and the details that you've asked k? thanks.. =)