Monday, March 31, 2008

Qing Ming Festival..

Every year at this day of this Qing Ming Festival, me and family will be back to Ipoh to pay some respects to my deceased relatives.. this year were pretty much more tiring than before.. firstly, there will heaps of people who went back on the same day.. and secondly, the weather is killing.. thirdly, we have like 8 deceased relatives to pray for.. haha.. so on the first day, we went to this "Sam Pou Tong" cave to pray to my grandfather (mother's side).. the surroundings were pretty much serene.. very greenish and pleasing in every sight.. like many other famous caves in Ipoh.. but I kinda like how it feels to be back there again.. there were some aunties selling "Kangkung" vegetables to be fed to the tortoises.. some selling home made cotton candy..







and the next day, we went to pray to my grandfather (father's side) .. this is different from the rest of my deceased relatives.. cos only my grandfather was buried.. hence , we have to visit his graveyard.. first we have to clean up the place.. cos there will be plenty of plants and wild grass lying everywhere.. after cleaning, then we will set up all the candles and joss sticks.. and also food for offerings.. after about 30mins or so.. we will start to eat.. why after 30mins or so? cos, apparently we have to wait till my grandfather is done eating with it first.. some family they don't practice eating on the spot.. but my family do.. we will just eat up most of it.. and then take away the rest.. after that, as usual we will burn the offerings..



okay.. so that's enough of the Qing Ming thingy.. some of you will be very intimidated looking at these pictures.. so I better swift it up with.. yummy food pictures from Ipoh.. haha..

this Wan Ton Mee is seriously very yummy.. at one of the shops in Bidor..

this mini egg tart is also very yummy.. freshly baked and pre-order has to be made is its finished.. also in one of the shops in Bidor..

famous Chee Cheong Fun.. but this one is not that yummy..

cannot make it asam laksa.. the ones in Penang are still the best..

some fried dumplings or whatever that you call that..

and some big big juicy fish balls..


alright.. that's all for this post.. and for the next or upcoming post.. it will be on Malaysian Dream Girls.. I have so much to say about this new program.. since they're so smart enough to not have a comment box or page in their website.. so I'll just have to comment it here on my blog.. and Cindy from Malaysian Dream Girls.. you'll be dead.. haha..!!! *evil laugh*




No comments: